Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), California residents have the following rights: (1) the right to know, which is the right to request that RiskRevu disclose information about, or a copy of, the types of personal information we collect, use, and disclose about them; (2) the right to delete, which is the right to request that we delete personal information that is collected or maintained by RiskRevu; and (3) the right to non-discrimination, which is the right to be free from discrimination for exercising any consumer rights under the CCPA. We may limit our responses to any requests under the CCPA as permitted by law. For example, we need to maintain certain information to provide our services to you or for legal and compliance purposes.
To exercise your rights to know or delete under the CCPA, please click email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For verification purposes only, we will collect a limited number of personal identifiers, send those through a secure verification system, ask you follow-up questions through our online portal or representative, and then confirm whether your identity has been verified.
You may also designate an authorized agent to make a request to know or delete on your behalf. To designate an authorized agent, you must provide the natural person, or entity registered with the California Secretary of State, with written permission to submit such a request. You (or your agent) will still be required to verify your identity. However, if an authorized agent has been provided with power of attorney in accordance with the California Probate Code, then no additional written authorization is required. All agents must submit proof to RiskRevu that they have been authorized by any consumer(s) to act on their behalf.
NOTICE OF COLLECTION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS. We collect the following categories of personal information:
- Contact and identification information, such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifiers, email address, account username and password, telephone number, insurance policy number, account name, social security number, signature, gender, driver’s license number, physical characteristics, consumer status, and other similar identifiers.
- Driving and claims history, including information about any prior accidents or insurance claims.
- Vehicle information, such as a vehicle identification number (VIN), vehicle details, including any customizations, and vehicle photos.
- Medical information, such as details involving the injuries sustained in a car accident, the treatment for such injuries, as well as health insurance information.
- Commercial information about consumer transactions and experiences with us and others, such as payment history, claims, coverage and vehicle changes.
- Website and app usage and device information, such as search and browsing history, online identifier(s), Internet Protocol address, search history, and information regarding how users interact with our websites, apps, and online advertisements.
- Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information, such as recorded statements, photos, PDFs, Spreadsheets, and signatures images.
- Professional or employment-related information in the form of business contact information and education or employer, which we only use as permitted by law.
We collect each of the above categories from a variety of sources, including:
- Directly from consumers–either online and other third-party software vendors who we develop an integration with.
We collect each of the above categories of information for a variety of purposes, including:
- For our core business purposes, such as helping insurance agents gather information online so they can: provide quotes for insurance, establish and service policies, handle claims, provide customer support, and furnish other insurance services. For example, we build digital SmartForms that gather information online from individuals who are interested in working with said agent on their insurance needs.
- To assess and improve our product and service offerings, including the development of new products and services.
- To perform data analysis (including market and consumer search and analytics and trend analysis).
- To conduct marketing activities and communicate with our users regarding products and services offered by RiskRevu and its partners.
- To detect and prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activity.
- To maintain and enhance the security and safety of our systems and data.
- For other purposes as permitted by law or to which you consent.
We disclose all of the above categories of personal information to service providers that assist us in providing related services to our users, which includes creating integrations between software programs. We may disclose personal information to service providers involved in our marketing, verification, data-processing, risk-assessment, security and anti fraud efforts, and as required or permitted by federal or state law.